News Portal Header

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

(Almost) Ready, set, go!!

So, three sleeps left and David and I are a couple steps closer to being ready to go to India. 

Receiving our passports with travel visa to India kind of helps... I picked those up last night. We also have our first night of hotel accomodations taken care of in Delhi, including pickup at the airport at 9:45 pm, so that's a weight off.  We're staying at this funky place called Hotel Broadway, I'm not sure what to think of it yet but I wish we had more time to stay there. The website has a Press Room, so I figure it can't be that bad. We want to be sure we have a good night's sleep to recover from the plane trip before we head out on our journey.

After a chat with Annie, our friend and reason for travelling to India at this time, we have some key information that we'll need to complete our planning for our first week there.

Annie's friend has invited her to attend a wedding, and by extension we seem to be invited as well. Weddings customarily are a community event, so we're somewhat assured that we're not going to feel too much like wedding crashers.  We're waiting to hear from Annie on Thursday confirming that we are indeed welcome.  Attending an Indian wedding is definitely one event that I would like to experience, so I'm hopeful that it will work out.

We'll book a train/bus from Delhi to Rajkot hoping for the best that we won't need to change our plans and that we get a decent berth in the train during the busy holiday season.



View Larger Map

Stay tuned for more as we arrive in Delhi.  From this point on, we'll probably take a break from the blog until we have something of interest to share...  We're both going to be quite busy getting ready to take off and close out projects and duties at work before we leave.

If you have been to India, we would love to hear about places you suggest visiting and your experiences. Feel free to leave your stories in the comment box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment